I set out to make some lovely aqua/turquoise spa soap today but I’d run out of lye so I had to cut my recipe down to 35%.
Good thing I did. The soap batter didn’t turn blue as anticipated. It turned a browny-green and with every drop of liquid blue (imported soap colour) I added it turned more and more taupey-brown.
I remember from art class that blue + yellow (in this case cream) turns a shade of green (I was expecting a bluey green) but that’s not what happened.
Glad this was a small batch. I’ll be going back to my locally made indigo next time – its worked for me before and just a little goes a loooooong way!
Of course there’s nothing wrong with the soap. I used Rosemary infused oils and a splash of Lemongrass so it smells really good. Its just not aqua-turquoise 😀